Friday, June 10, 2011

Music: latest additions

After watching them on Jools Holland’s Later, I decided to buy a couple of CD’s

Seasick Steve : You can’t teach an old dog new tricks

sss

It’s a good Seasick Steve album, so if you liked his previous work you will like his latest album.    Little bit of everything you would expect, slow tracks, fast tracks and a little chat at the end….

Friendly Fires: Pala

FF

I had the impression the Friendly Fires were kind of soft rocky kindof vibe…  but the album is pretty consistently smooth, soulful and pretty laid back.   My main criticism is that there is no one standout track, its all pretty similar.   I do actually like the whole album, but is more a CD you would play at a family party for background or a bit of jigging about to perhaps.   I’ve only listened to it a couple of times, so hopefully it’s a “grower”

Whilst I was in the CD shop, I also came across a couple of CDs in the bargain bins so bought two Scissor Sisters albums as well

Scissor Sisters: Ta-Dah

tadah-315x315

Bit disappointed with this album.  It’s got a couple of the classic tracks, but the rest are OK to mediocre.  It was worth the £4 I paid for it though,

Scissor Sisters :Night Work

TN-NightWork-RO

Again got a couple of classic tracks which are great, but mos tthe other tracks are also pretty decent, so overall of the two Albums, I think this the better one.  Also a great bargain at £3 Smile

No comments: