Saturday, November 10, 2012

General: Redecoration–Phase IV completed

It all seemed to be unravelling slightly two weeks ago, when it seemed Furniture Village had let us down badly over the bed delivery.

Today however, it has all come together and the bed is in and ready for use !

IMG_1172IMG_1173IMG_1174

After complaining to the sales manager, in fairness he did come up with a solution that was acceptable to us.     It still wasn’t perfect, in that he promised delivery the next week and someone would ring us early in the week.  When no one had rung by Wednesday, I called in and was told I’d get a call back.  Ten minutes later I was called and given a delivery date of a week later.    After that it was plain sailing and came together as promised, so all’s well that end’s well I suppose.

I still think their customer communication is appalling as it was always me having to chase them….. not sure I can recommend Furniture Village, and will certainly think twice about dealing with them again

Having mostly moaned about the bed delivery, it didn’t delay us moving into the bedroom, as we are still waiting for the final element being the curtains.

Hopefully they will be in next week and we can finally move into the bedroom

Update: 16th November 2012

A few days ago, I got email inviting me to give feedback on our purchase from Furniture Village, which I duly did Smile

Got call today from Furniture Village to discuss the issue and try to placate us.    We are basically happy now anyway (although could have done without the hassle at the time) but is good to see them taking the trouble to follow up on bad reviews.

No comments: