Sunday, July 23, 2006

Poker: Bankroll strategy - part 4

The last round I have been playing $30 (+3) 6 seater tournaments with the following results

Game 1 : 40 mins : 2nd (+$39)
Game 2 : 20 mins : 4th (-$33)
Game 3 : 15 mins : 4th (-$33)
Game 4 : 20 mins : 4th (-$33)
Game 5 : 10 mins : 6th (-$33)
Game 6 : 30 mins : 5th (-$33)



Played 6 games of 6 seater $30+3 STT
Time spent 2 hours 15 mins
Won cash in 1 games
Lost 5 games
Layed out $198
Winnings $72
Loss of $126 (loss of $56 per hour)

Getting a bad run is bound to happen, and in fact consider myself unlucky in the first game as I was 5:1 chip lead when heads up and my interenet connection died.... got back on just in time to see my stack down to 1 big blind (I was not happy!) and the next two games were bad beats.... could be a lot different picture, but this time round it wasn't good results for me

Game 1 - First level I was getting lots of pocket pairs, but not really able ot capitalise as everyone playing tight. BY level 2 I had only gone from 2000-2250 chips. Down to 5 players now, and lost internet connection for a while. Level 3 saw three players (not me) all in after the flop with a huge pot to win. JT had 2 pr, J9 looked in trouble and AA was behind. In the end the J9 hit str8 on river annd we are down to 3 players. Level 4 sees me at 3200 chips and three players. Internet goes again ! Get back in and manage to knock out one of the players. Also manage to bully the other player to reach 10000 chips to his 2000.... I see QQ preflop and hit to raise button... then nothing happens. Internet has dies again. Thanks a bunch NTL ! Get back on eventualy and I'm all in. Manage to struggle up to 2000 chips but get taken down KT against A5. Not happy as I should have won this game!!

Game 2 - Quite wild play. Level 1 and level 2 see players dropping out. I hit A on flop with A9 and get called by 1 player. His Tx eventually hits straight on rover to take me out. Definately a bad beat !

Game 3 - Level 1, I get AJ and A hits flop. End up all in against A6 and win ! Level 2, I get AK and flop straight ! 3 players end up all in. One also with AK the other with JJ (trips) another T comes to make Full House and I'm out. Thought it was a bad beat, but actually I was about 6-4 favorite to split the pot.

Game 4 - Never really got into the game. Down to 1000 chips on level 3 with 4 players left. Took a gamble that didn't pay and out

Game 5 - One player playing like an idiot. I hit top pair (Q) on flop and went all in against him with my AQ. He called with Q2 but hit a 2 on the river.... another bad beat

Game 6 - Loose and crazy players in this game ! All 6 players still in at level 3. I am down to 750 chips and take out lower chip stack, but then get taken down by the chip leader


I have got enough in the account to play 6 seater $22 games, so will report back on progress after the next round of games

No comments: