Friday, July 07, 2006

Poker: July 2006

We were oversubscribed this month, so sadly Simon W wasn't able to play, but came along anyway to cheer on the boys and seemed to be enjoying himself :-)

Played my normal game, sitting back and letting the maniacs fight it out to begin with.. I won a pot early so went to about 1500 chips so could relax and wait. Sean and Bill seemed to be egging each other on and were often both all-in (and both loosing!) almost every hand or so it seemed.

First key hand for me was being dealt AT in big blind and raised to 100 to go, getting 3 callers. Flop left me needing miracle Q for the str8 and Joe bet 500. With Andy W calling I was only getting 3-1 odds but decided that an A was an out for me as well, so went with the flow. Luckily my miracle Q came on the turn, so trap checked to Joe, who put in another 500. I went all in and got 1 caller, winning the pot and taking me to chip lead on the table. Kept playing steadily and was still table chip leader when rebuys finished.

Second key hand was being dealt AT early position again !! I raised again and only Bill on the button called me. Flop came K-6-x but thought it probable I was ahead, so made bet of about half Bills remaining chips. He went all-in and I decided I was probably behind to a K, but as only had to put in 2000 against a pot of 6000 so decided to go for it. Unfortunatley for me, Bill had K-6 so was way ahead and he obviously won !

Was left with about 1500 chips now, so struggling a bit, but played steadily and ended up with about the same going onto the final table, albeit being lowest chip count

On the final table I drew seat 8 so had some time before I had to make a move, but the blinds being at 800/400 meant I had 7 hands to find something I could win a pot with. Roger was big chip leader, which became even bigger when he knocked out Bill, Martin and Joe in quick succession !

Two hands away from the big blind, I got dealt A-8 so decided to go with it. Alex ahead of me raised enough to put me all-in, but I went with it anyway and only Roger (chip leader at this stage) called as well. Although an A hit the flop, Alex had A-Q so won the hand and also knocked me out

The last four played very well, with bluffs, big hands and bad beats all over the place, but the chips seemed to just circulate. Derek was dangerously low on chips, then Roger just managed to pip him to 4th place about 5 mins from the end of the session when Darren took him out.

After that the game played itself, as Derek needed to double up every hand to get to 2nd spot and Alex just needed to fold every hand to win by a reasonable margin.....which is pretty much what happened

Great game as always, looked like everyone enjoyed themselves (after a lot of swearing when they got knocked out) and this time we finished well before the club closed! (after dropping 15 mins from the 2nd level)

The match details are uploaded to StatsGenie (http://www.statsgenie.com/poker/) but couldn't get the direct URL to work, so you may need to search for CamberleyBoyz organization to find them

No comments: