Thursday, October 05, 2006

Poker: October 2006 Home Tourney

With a new strategy in mind, I was quietly confident about having a good result this month. Good job I kept it quiet as my plan didnt quite come to fruition ! Had a good hand early on and trippled up when I hit a flush, but then the chips quickly dribbled away and the rebuys started to come along. Just before the last rebuy I had another good flush and had about 3000 in chips at that stage and felt confident again. Unfortunately I raised Bill who called when I had AQ, the flop came jack high so was easy to call Bills all in bet... he had QJ so only an A would help me. Didnt come so most of my chips went ! Next hand Simon went all in and Bill re-raised me all in, so felt I had to go with my A2. Unfortunately (again) Bill's pocket jacks looked good, so I needed an A until the J came on the turn and I was out in 8th. Felt I played OK overall, but a bit disappointed.

The tables seemed a bit quieter tonight,with no wild moves (although Sean wasn't on my table :-) ) but definatetly most enjoyable game of cards you can have for sure.

The final table was a studious affair, with the chips moving around the players.. Derek got a good win when all-in on the big blind and started to look good for another great comeback.... A huge pot with Sean and Bill all-in saw Andy take a huge chip advantage and knocked two players out. Andy and Jon ended up being the last two players with only about 7 mins to go. Couple of small wins to Jon saw him with a small advantage in chips, but then a couple of folds swung it back towards Andy. The last hand of the game saw the blinds as the difference between the players, so whoever won the blinds would win the game. With neither player able to fold all the chips went in after the all low flop. Jons KQ was behind as Andy had hit a pair. The turn was a blank, but the River came with a K giving Jon the game.

Well done to all, can't wait for the next one... will have my new strategy in place by then.....

Posted results to Statsgenie as normal, see some of you at the Farnborough club but otherwise next month

http://www.statsgenie.com/Poker/ (CamberleyBoyz)

No comments: