Saturday, February 10, 2007

Gambling : Betfair "free" bet finally pays off !

Despite my previous losses in Betfair with "free" bets, I decided to take up their kind offer of a free £5 bet, so duly deposit the minimum £10 !

I decide to bet on something looking like a cert, so Chelsea to beat Nott Forest in the FA cup is my choice and makes me 1.43 profit straight away - what a result :-)

Over the next couple of days, start doing my normal mistake of trying to create a book on horse races (funds are too limited to do this) but manage to get some winners and get odds swinging in my favour so build up my funds to around £20 an feeling quite pleased with myself for not crashing out as normal.

The 6 nations gives me a chance to bet on something I know nothing about (as usual!) and decide thast Scotland may beat a weakened England side, and bet accordingly. Fortunatley a chat with Simon (who actually knows a bot about Rugby) makes me change my mind so look at bailing out of my position. As luck would have it, the odds have swung against England so can lay off my bets and will win £1 if england win and 0.40 if Scotland win (just the draw messes my bankroll up) The English victory suits me but shows you should only bet of stuff you know about (didn't I realise this before :-) )

Switched to Greyhounds on the basis there is a 1 in 6 chance of winning, and again because of good odds swings in my favour and a bit of luck picking an outsider to win allowed me to build up my bankroll to around £65 .... not bad for a £10 investment. As I wanted to have another go at the Ladbrokes Cruise, decided to withdrawn my original £10 plus the £40 for the Ladbrokes Cruise... so my luck on Betfair has paid for my Poker bankroll, definately worthwhile :-)

For the remaining monies in my account, I have come up with a system for the Greyhounds which I am trying out at the moment.... so far it has taken me to £27 so seems to be working at the moment.... hopefully will be able to fund some more poker before too long......

Long live Betfair... it is the best thing since sliced bread :-)

No comments: