Wednesday, August 15, 2007

General: Gym Regime

Having suffered last year with "Joggers Knee" (aks Runners Knee http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=438&sectionId=10 .... at least I didnt get "Joggers Nipple!) so decided to join the Gym from January this year and go swimming instead of running on the road.

Unfortunately after several months of swimming 4-5 days a week, I started suffering from "Swimmers Ear" (it is quite funny really, but actually is pretty painful! http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=272 ) so settled on a new regime of mixed activities which will hopefully be easier for my poor body to cope with

I guess I've been doing the new regime around 5-6 months now, so decided to take stock of where I am at....

Monday (Running)
Run at 10 kph for 20 minutes plus 5 minutes cool down. Total of 3.8 km covered. Peak at 154 bpm

Tuesday (Rowing)
20 minutes plus 3 minutes cool down at maximum resistance (the hard seat gives me a sore bum, else would do more cooldown :-) ) Do around 30 strokes per minute and cover 5000 metres

Wednesday (Cycling)
Pedal at around 80 rpm at level 11 resistance (25 is the maximum setting, so a little bit of a wimp) for 20 minutes plus 5 minutes cooldown. Cover 9.5 km and peak at 134 bpm.

Thursday (Swimming)
Swim 20 lengths in around 20 minutes. Do alternate breast stroke and crawl, with 1 minute rest after 10 lengths

Friday (Running again)
Same as Monday

I normally make 4 times a week, but often do all 5 days.

My weight in the morning was 12 st (75 kilo) and my tummy/waist ration was 91cm/96cm = 0.948 (just below the recomended 0.95 !!)

So what does all this mean ? Well, hopefully it means I am fit and healthy... but maybe still need to cut down on the vast qualtity of chocolate for the truly healthy lifestyle (like that's gonna happen :-) )

Will re-check these stats in another 6 months or so to see how I improve (or not)

No comments: