Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Music: Newly aquired CDs

It has been a while since I bought some new CDs, (although am sure I bought some more recently than last year ! http://sceaga.blogspot.com/2006/06/music-recent-additions.html)
but have been listening to the 5 CDs I recently purchased in the car over the last few weeks, so can now reveal whether they were sound investments or not (pardon the pun!)

Keane : Hopes and Fears
Good CD. Lots of the songs on it you would recognise..... mainly laid back and some inspirational tracks. Overall well worth the listen and has longevity

Lily Allen : Alright, still
Heard a few Lily tracks on various music shows on TV, etc... so knew some of the songs. The first time I listened to the album, I found it amusing but was worried I'd get bored with it after a few listens... as its quite basic structure to the tracks and quite naive sounding production. I needn't have worried, as after several listens I still enjoy a lot of the tracks (have got bored with some though...) I am just worried about poor lily's state of mind, as the lyrics are quite vicious in places !
Overall a good buy and still happy to listen to it

Hazel O'Conner : Breaking Glass
Always liked this soundtrack, takes me back to my youth :-)
Songs are still relevant today and music is pretty lively in the main. At on £2.99 great value as well

Muse : Black Holes & Revelations
Fantastic album, been meaning to buy it since I saw Muse on TV playing some tracks from this album... Great inspirational stuff....songs are spinning round in my head when not actually listening to it :-)

Arcade Fire : Neon Bible
Heard couple of tracks on radio and TV, slightly wacky but very likeable. Problem with the album is I only like the two tracks that they keep playing on the radio and TV... the other tracks are not all that good (in my view)
The one album of the five I could do without

All in all some great music to listen to, must get my music budget sorted out so I can buy albums more regularly

No comments: