Friday, November 23, 2007

Cars: Mercedes C350 sport test drive

As I am looking to change my Subaru in March, I am test driving some cars so I can place my order before Xmas for my new car.

First up was the Mercedes C350 Sport which I had for two days

Unfortunately I only got to drive it from home-->Work-Home in the dark on wet roads so couldn't really push it too hard, but got a good feel for it

Being a Merc, it was auto gearbox only, in this case with the flappy paddles as well. The car was about what you expect from a Merc. Refined, comfortable, quiet and a huge amount of power and torque from the silky smooth V6

There were no "faults" with the car as such, other than no manual gear box..... but didn't feel involved and felt the weight/bulk of the car when I did push on down some country roads.

In the end, if it was the only choice of car I had, then I would be happy with it... but am not convinced it is for me

No comments: