Saturday, November 03, 2007

Poker: Home tournament : November 2007

Only a quick update today,as being slightly snuffly still from my cold, I dont remember much !

11 players for this increasingly tense tournament. My recent run had me in a good position to take the lead of the championship but my form wasn't great this month. I played quite steady, albeit a little agressive, but with Sean and Bill on my table, there was always a showdown. In the end my raise in early position with KTs on the first hand after the rebuys stopped was my downfall. Sean reraised and bill called all-in which made the decision to fold quite tricky (as both players could have been behind) In the end I did call for another 1000 and the flush draw on the flop made it an easy all in for my remaining chips. Seans pocket KK was a great hand and beat me, but Bill's AT took the main pot and I was first out.

The game was quite close but Alex was soon out then Bill took out two players in one hit to get us down to the final table.

Steve was down to big and small blind when he went all in under the gun, but tripled up. Soon took another couple of big pots and before anyone realised we were down to the final three players. Jon was happy to see Bill out in 3rd, with Steve and Derek having a battle but Dereks chip lead and aggression soon taking the top spot

Jon is favourite to take the top spot, Steve is favorite to take the consistancy prize, but the 2nd place spot is wide open to about half a dozen players, so all to play for in December !

See statgenie for the full analysis

No comments: