Sunday, February 03, 2008

General : Gym update

A new year and a time for reflection on my Gym progress.. (also got a new heart monitor for Xmas, so gotta try it out :-) )

So why so long to update the blog, after all it is February.... well after 3 weeks with no exercise and overeating and drinking over Xmas, I felt pretty unfit for the first couple of weeks in Jan !! Also decided to up my pace a bit so wanted to get into that before measuring very much in a meaninigful way.... but here goes.....

My previous update was in August so hope to compare favourably to my activities then... my weight is just under 12 stone, so still consistant

Monday (Running)
Run at 10 kph for 25 minutes, then 12kph for 5 mins, plus 5 minutes cool down. Total of 5.2 km covered. Heart rate peak at 178 bpm and average 142

Tuesday (Rowing)
25 minutes at around 30 spm, then 5 mins at 35 spm, plus 3 minutes cool down. All at maximum resistance (the hard seat gives me a sore bum, else would do more cooldown :-) ) Cover 6286 metres. Heart rate peak at 169 bpm and average 136

Wednesday (Cycling)
Pedal at around 80 rpm at level 11 resistance for 25 minutes, then 5 minutes at 90rpm and level 12, plus 5 minutes cooldown. Cover 12.6 km. Heart rate peak at 151 bpm and average 133

Thursday (Swimming)
Swim 25 lengths in around 25 minutes. Do alternate breast stroke and crawl, with 1 minute rest after each set of 10 lengths. Heart rate monitor could be used in the pool, but didn't bother this time round

Friday (Running again)
Same activities as Monday, but heart rate peak at 181 bpm and average 152.... it seems harder at the end of the week as well !!

Overall, I think I am doing pretty well and will likely keep the same regime over the long term. I can't get up any earlier and don't want to arrive at work any later... so time is the main constraint. Will be having a BUPA health check later in the year, so will be interesting to see what they say about my fitness and general health

No comments: