Friday, January 14, 2011

Poker: Home Tourney–January 2011

The first game of a new season and slightly different structure so looking forward to an interesting game., especially as there’s a £10 bounty on me as well !

I was expecting 11 players after Sean/Karen dropped out at the last minute, but Lee and Mick ! turned up unexpectedly so had a good crowd to kick the season off

On my table I made a good start by doubling up against Lee with K-K    Sadly, I managed to give a load of chips away to Derek who was “playing so loose my pants are falling down” in his own words… but later managed to get some chips back off him and was about average chips at the first break.  

Everyone else seemed to be in a re-buy frenzy and lots of chips were flying around on both tables.  Seemed everyone was pleased to be back at the table after the long layoff Smile

The first player out was Darren, who got all-in with J-J against Jock and Lee who both had A-T.  Of course I said “you don’t want to see an Ace then” to Darren and promptly dealt one out on the flop !   Sorry about that Smile

He was soon followed by Andy who called all-in on flop with Str8 against Steve W’s two pair, but the river gave Steve the Full House and Andy was soon off back to his fishing

Lee teed up my demise when he defended his blind against my pre-flop raise.  The K-7-2 flop was good for my K-J so bet half pot when Lee checked, but he then called.   The 2 on the turn looked safe enough so put Lee all-in for a pot sized bet and he called, tabling his 9-2o !   The river bricked so  I was down to about 2000 chips with the blinds at 400/200.   A couple of hands later I looked at T-9s in the small blind and as it folded to me, decided to shove against Mick in the Big Blind.   He called with K-5o but hit K on the flop, so he got my chips and took the bounty Sad smile

This took us to the final table and with some short stackers it was Jock who got taken out first by Lee.    Soon after, Derek managed to bust three players in one hand giving him the chip lead, then a few hands later busted two more so now has a huge chip lead and the last three have made it to the money already!

There was no time to rest though, with Steve raising, Lee shoved all-in and Derek called.   Steve sensibly ducked out and Derek took another player out (good job we don’t give points for knock-outs anymore!)

The heads up match between Derek and Steve was tense and tight.   An early hand had them both all-in but they both had the same hand Smile

The chips moved around a bit, the chip lead swinging from one to the other, until on the 2nd hand of the last three they were both all-in and Derek deservedly took the win

It was really interesting game and enjoyed it immensely (despite my early exit) so can’t wait until next game….. there are three players with bounties next month so look forward to knocking them all out Smile

No comments: