Sunday, March 06, 2011

General: The Red House pub/restaurant

theredhouse10

We met up with Simon and Lil for a lovely Sunday lunch out at The Red House at Marsh Benham (Nr Newbury)

It’s not far off the A4, but you immediately get the “out in the middle of nowhere” feel and inside is the ambience of a traditional olde worlde English Pub (which it is I suppose!)  but without being artificially so.

We were immediately welcomed by the staff and made to feel at home.   Service throughout was very good, although did get a bit sluggish when they were at their busiest, when every table was full (so make sure you book!)

The menu had a wide choice, and being Sunday had additional choices of Roast Beef, Pork or Chicken.   I had the Winter Veg. soup with Roast Pork as my main course and did struggle to get through as the portions were generous.   After a short rest, was able to get through my Sticky Toffee Pudding desert surprisingly easy Smile

It’s not a cheap menu, but certainly felt I got good value for money.   We were not rushed away as soon as we’d finished, so overall definitely came away with a warm fuzzy feeling about my experience (and a full feeling tummy) so is a place I would recommend and like to go back myself sometime

No comments: