Sunday, November 20, 2011

Poker: Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure–continues

pca

After last weeks round 3, today was Round 4 of the Caribbean Adventure

This time there are 383 entries and 142 go through to the next round on December 18th

We start with 1000 chips, but with blind levels of 5 minutes you don’t have time to hang around.

My strategy is basically to play tight the first couple of rounds, then level 3 (with BB of 50 already) looking to shove/fold from there onwards.

In the early rounds, played a couple of hands and won a few chips but nothing dramatic.  After than I was soon in trouble with no cards and I’m soon down to waiting for a hand as I’ve no fold equity at all.

In the end, I’m hanging on with about 170 left in.  I’m all-in on BB but luckily get my one and only good hand KK   The SB calls but hit K on flop to give me enough chips for another circuit.    With 10 left to be knocked out, my AKs was tempting to shove but hoped to fold my way to the next round.  

Luckily for me, it worked out for me and couple of hands later, I’ve got my seat secured Smile

Phew, that was tough… but still only halfway through.  Round 5 is the same structure but only 1 in 3 go through so will be getting tougher each round.

No comments: