Sunday, November 13, 2011

Poker: Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure

pca

On a whim, last week decided to have a go at the Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure    http://www.pokerstars.co.uk/live-poker/pca/

One of the deciding factors was that it only cost 80 FPP to enter round 1.  (Basically, free as far as I’m concerned) and also the rounds are all NLHE freezeouts, so none of this stupid lottery play you get with rebuys.

I breezed through round 1 and go my entry to Round 2 the same evening.  This gave entry to Round 3 for the top 50% and was reasonably deep stacked, so was able to get through quite easy.

Today (Sunday 13th) played Round 3   There were 1060 entries, giving 353 tickets to Round 4.   With 1000 starting blinds, aggressive blind increases and blinds going up every 5 mins, it was clear I couldn’t sit back and play tight.   The avg stack count when the bubble breaks is 3000, so needed to double up a couple of times.     Luckily the table was playing tight, so took a couple of risks and accumulated chips, then got it in bad but hit my card to give me a good chance.  Tightened up and took smaller risks to get myself over the 3000 chips mark… got AA and took the the blinds/antes and luckily this was enough to get me through the bubble!

So I’ve made round 4, which is next week… again it is a NLHE Turbo with 40% of the field getting tickets to round 5…  after which I just need to get lucky in Round 6,7 and 8 to win my way to the Caribbean….

Who says I’m not optimistic Smile

No comments: