Friday, September 08, 2006

Poker: September 2006 home tourney

I had a good feeling about the game this month, felt relaxed and ready for action. Just as well really as I had Martin and Sean to my right and Darren W to my left. Even Jon was in the mood to gamble so the all-ins came thick and fast. My first couple of hands set the tone of the night for me...... My AJ suited getting well beaten by "inferior" starting hands and similarly with AK. Later I went in with 87 suited and won a big pot with 2 pair, so seems a bit of "reverse strategy" will win the pots tonight :-)

Soon after I dropped a significant size stack to Sean with AJ suited (again) against his pocket 8's so the chips were coming and going like water and wee

I did managed to pull it all together and by the end of rebuy period, had around 2400 chips placing me just below average chips (2875 at this stage) Sean and Zoran both had around 7500 in chips and Derek was tournament low stack at 900. On the other table, Bill was chip lead at around 5000 chips and had Alex and Steve with 1000 chips low stacked (they obviously hadn't been as busy as my table!)

First hand after the rebuys closed and Alex was first out, closely followed by Derek on my table and two more following soon after. I got moved to the other table to load balance but didn't get a hand to play. On big blind I saw A7 suited and moved all in, with Simon W calling with KT putting me 3-2 favorite. Unfortunately Simon hit a full house by the turn to take me out in 9th and giving us the final table.

Zoran was surprisingly first out on the second hand of the final table, so the practise he got in Las Vegus had not helped much tonight ;-) Simon W was now a large chip lead and looking dangerous, especially when next hand Sean took him on with 2 pair, but lost to a higher two pair ! Sean seemed slightly stunned but still wandered off to play in the cash game that had started up - a true gambler :-)

It was looking like an early finish for everyone with Simon W hoovering up all the chips, but we did end up going to the final hand with Simon W having 23'600 chips after putting in his small blind and Simon having the remaining 19'400 (plus 2000 in the blind) Simon W had a rubbish hand so threw it away to take a very determined and well deserved first place.

Again an eventful, exciting and slightly mad game..... but enjoyed by all

Results posted to Statsgenie as normal (http://www.statsgenie.com/poker/default.aspx?HH=1&OrgID=1499)

No comments: