Sunday, July 27, 2008

Music: Glastonbury 2008 and subsequent CD purchases

I didn’t go to Glastonbury myself, but recorded a load of sessions from BBC TV coverage.   Have finally caught up and seen all the recordings and thought  The Verve were definitely one of the highlights of the whole weekend.   For me, JayZ was the lowlight and didn’t deserve all the hype but there you go….

Having seen some good bands that I haven’t previously encountered, obviously decided to buy some albums, so ended up getting

The Ting Tings
elbow
Editors
The Raconteurs
The Pigeon Detectives

Also got  Kaiser Chiefs and The Best of REM CDs whilst in the shop as they were cheap ! (obviously like the bands as well!!)

Have only listened to The Ting Tings so far, which is a great album and glad I bought it…. just got to listen to all the others now… as I only get to listen to one album a day (one I get around to putting them onto my iPod) it will take a little time, but will hopefully be worth it

No comments: