Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Poker: Lucky day today !

I am working from home today, so decided to get my hair cut at lunchtime….. luckily for me the hairdresser had a lot of people waiting, so didn’t bother to get my hair cut and instead stuck my £8 into the roulette machine in the bookies :-)     Fortunately my lucky numbers got lucky for me and came out with £20   Nice result for 10 minutes work ;-) and can still get my haircut tomorrow !

Wednesday is normally my online poker night, so decided to enter a 180 seater $4 buy in SNG Hold’em tournament.   It was  a bit of a long slog, but was worth the investment, as I managed to get chips early on and then got myself up into the top 50% of the players and stayed there for the rest of the game.   When we got down to the last 18 (all of whom got paid) I was in 9th place but got some good hands and managed to win the tournament !!    This netted me $216 for a $4.40 stake, so a great return for me there as well.  I also felt I was playing well and not getting too much of either good or bad luck, so very satisfied indeed

All in all a lucky day for me today, but now worn out by all the excitement so going to have a well deserved rest and beer :-)

No comments: