Thursday, June 25, 2009

Poker : Late Night Poker is back !

I was delighted to discover that the “Late Night Poker” series is coming back and Full Tilt are running freerolls for online qualifiers.  See http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/late-night-poker for full details

I had a go last night (freerolls run at 7:15pm UK time) but only managed about 900th out of 2000 players.  The last hand was a bit annoying as a donkey player went all-in, a short stack called and I had pocket 7’s so decided to call as well.   The donk had T-4 and the short stack had A-J so I was in fairly good shape, especially with the flop of 8-8-Q and a blank turn… but the river of Q gave everyone a higher two pair!!  I would have almost tripled up for the river and been in good shape to get into the top 27 players who go to the next round….    Oh well, at least it didn’t cost me anything.   I expect I will be trying again :-)

No comments: