Friday, November 13, 2009

Poker : Home Tournament – November 2009

All players seemed excited and keen to get stuck in today… maybe due to the week delay from the normal date ?  :-)

My table started out pretty steady and passive, but the other table was a bit riotous and they probably had about 2 rebuys every hand !   Karen had been volunteered to do the running and she must’ve been getting worn out !

My game was fairly standard, playing tight and getting a lot of respect for my raises.   After a slow start I had 8-5 on the BB which was un-raised and was pretty happy to see that I had flopped a straight !    I checked to Lee who bet out and the two of us got all in, with Lee showing AA    He was drawing deal on the turn and so I took his chips then berated him for slow playing AA in that situation :-)    This put me up to around 2000 chips where I pretty much stayed until the break

At the break, the average chips were 2700 and that was exactly how much I had !   Lee had a whole load of chips on my table, but on the other table, Bill and Sean seemed to have it all sew up already !

After the break, I managed to fritter away a fair number of chips and so getting 6-6 in late position saw the opportunity to re-raise after Daniel had made a raise… unfortunately for me he had K-K !   As it turned out, a 6 came on the turn and I had knocked him out !     

As the blinds went up and the players diminished, Jock went all in for 1200 and as I was in the BB for 1000 I called, although with 7-7 I probably would have called a bigger bet anyway…. but Jock had J-J   My outrageous fortune held up and a 7 came on the flop, so we are down to 9 players

It wasn't long before we were on the final table but only had a few minutes before the final blind level.    With lots of small stacks and high blinds, it was always going to get messy.   Darren was out first, then after a couple of hands we saw a quick flurry of exits… myself included when my A-4 got turned over by Sean’s T-x on the river !

The last few hands saw Roger go out, then Lee, leaving the three remaining players all went all-in on the last hand (it was that close)    Sean took it down on the chip count, but had a huge chip stack since well before the final table so was a well deserved victory.

See you all next time !

No comments: