Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gadgets: New laptop (with Windows 7 !!)

I couldn’t resist :-)    Having had a good run with Poker recently, I decided to invest in a new laptop.     The netbook I previously bought is fine for what I originally wanted it for (and will still be used) but the screen size was bugging me when using it to play Poker, so have gone for the Dell Studio 17 laptop to give me a decent machine to play on in front of the TV :-)

001 

The main criteria was screen size and resolution, so have gone for the 17 inch screen.   It also has Intel core 2 Duo processor T6600 (2.2GHz) 4GB RAM and ATI Mobility Radeon graphics with 512 MB dedicated memory (more powerful than my Desktop and about one third the price !!)

There wasn’t a choice of operating system, so had to have Windows 7    It has had a couple of random hangs so far, but the usability seems much better than Vista, although has many similarities.    

Overall I am pleased so far, and most importantly allows me to have 2 Poker tables going simultaneously wherever I am in the house so giving me more playing time :-)

No comments: