Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Poker: Lets forget about October, shall we ?

Uggghhhhh, what can I say about my Poker results for October that won’t make me depressed Smile

crash1a

The ugly number is the $1350 loss  (£860) which is the worse month I have ever had.

The root cause was my ambition to undertake the Black Belt Poker Grading again. My first Grading attempt in January wasn’t great for me financially either, but in the end felt I got a good return on my investment as I got various training days and sponsorship into various tournaments (plus all the experience and on-going mentoring).    This time however, I blew up on the Pre-Grading, I don’t even get the benefit of any of thatSad smile

Breaking down my figures a little, it is easy to see where it all went wrong…

  • Cash : NL Holdem = £857.38 loss
  • Cash : PL Omaha HL (Dont ask!)  = £12.51 loss
  • Tournaments : NL Holdem  = £9.20 profit (hoorah Smile )

For the tournaments I only managed to get time for 9 tournaments (winning two) so was pretty content with that

On the cash, I played 187 table hours of cash in 21 sessions, of which only 4 were winning ones.    The worse session was dropping £240 in a 5 table hour session (just over 1 hour elapsed time!)  Obviously not sustainable results and poor by any standard.

On the positive side, I still have some money in my “Poker fund” so have not had to re-mortgage the house or anything (the old adage of “if you can’t afford to loose it, then don’t risk it” firmly applies for me all the time in my gambling of course) and have a plan to recover my confidence and improve my cash game, whilst also trying to recover my bankroll to a reasonable level.  More on that in a future post.

For now, I have firmly closed the door on October and have just had a nice boost with my BBP League win, so normal service is resumed Smile

No comments: