Thursday, May 19, 2011

Music: Katy Perry and Kate Bush

What do Katy Perry and Kate Bush have in common ?

So far as I know nothing, other than similar first name and that I bought their CDs on Monday Smile   (I seem to be buying a lot of Female Solo artists recently… must be my age or something)

Katy Perry : Teenage Dreams

1280420102katyperry_teenagedreamcover

What can I say about Katy Perry’s album ?  Well,  I was already familiar with 4 of the 12 tracks, so the album was exactly what I had anticipated…. a good pop album with catchy tunes and a little edge to some of the tracks, so happy with this one and if you like Katy Perry then you’ll like the album

Kate Bush: Directors Cut

I like Kate Bush and am old enough to remember seeing her on Top Of The Tops.   I knew this album was essentially a remix of some tracks from “The Sensual World” and" “The Red Shoes” albums, but have not previously heard either so was all new to me.    

directorscut2

All the tracks are well produced, well played and well sung (as you would expect) but was actually quite disappointed with the album.   For me it lacks the drama and sparkle of the songs I remember and the albums I have (The Whole Story and Lionheart)

I’m sure it will be a big hit with Kate die hard fans, but for casual acquaintances like me, I wish I had waited to hear some of the tracks and read reviews before buying it……

No comments: