Friday, August 03, 2012

Poker: Home Tourney–August 2012

PokerChips

Having set everything up and just about to start the clock, a minor emergency at home meant I had to dash back and sort it out, but was back before the end of the first level.   Sitting back down, started to wonder why I bothered as a run of unplayable cards followed for a couple of rounds. 

The normal adventures soon followed, when my A-T hit Axx flop and managed to persuade Bill and Andy to call a decent size bet on the flop.  The blank turn looked good for me, so got it all in but Bill hit his flush draw on the river (of course) and it was a double buy in for me

It was fairly quiet after that until the last hand before the break, when I raised A-J, Jon shoved his short stack and Lee called.   Being quite short myself, and the last buy in upon us, decided to go all in as well.   Lee had A-J as well and we ended up chopping when Jon didn’t hit with his junk hand.  At the break the average was around 5.8k and I was on about 3.8k

The first hand after the break saw the first casualty as Steve W got the wooden spoon by Alex.    The next hand saw Andy go by Bill and five minutes later we have our final table when Sean is busted, wow that was quick !

Jon is the short stack on the final table and has the Big Blind as well, but a few hands in it is Bill who gets his chips in bad and is next out and off to the pool table.

I’ve been nursing a shrinking stack, but although I can’t remember the hand, managed to triple up to give me over 10k chips with the average around 8k

Darren had been sitting quietly with a small stack for a while, but wasn’t able to maintain his momentum from previous months and was out in 7th.    

I got a decent run of cards, and also got a little more aggressive and managed to start taking down some pots to chip up a little, but Jock was also applying the pressure and took out Karen.  

My key hand was in the SB against Lee in the BB.  Blinds were 2k/1k by now and we both had around 15k stacks.  Folded to me with Qc-7c so decided to raise to 5k, hoping for the blinds really but Lee shoved.   I took a few moments to think it over, but knew I was calling with Lee showing 3-3   Sadly for me, I didn’t hit anything and I was still in the game, but with only 100 chips !

With me rooting for him, Jock took out another player when Alex shoved over his raise with A-J but Jock’s 4-4 held

I managed to triple up then double up in the blinds, but the miracle come back didn’t get off the ground when my 5-6 in the SB was overcome by the puny 4-3 of Lee in the BB when he hit his 3.   At least I got my money in good Smile

Jock had a big chips lead but the battle for 2nd was furious.  The chips were flying around, but in the end Jon was busted by Lee

With only three hands left to play, Lee’s chip deficit was too much to overcome and Jock took a well earned victory

wp all and see you all next time

No comments: