Thursday, August 23, 2012

Poker: WCOOP 2012–Event 18 seat

wcoop2012

I was happy to get my first event bagged up early on, in my quest for glory in WCOOP 2012.. but have also now got myself a cheap seat in event 18 as well Smile($109 No Limit Hold’em – $750’000 Guaranteed)

My first attempt was $38 Hyper Turbo 6-seat STT in which I bubbled (bad beat as well Sad smile )  so then tried a more traditional $5 MTT but didn’t get close finishing, being 31st from 74.   My latest attempt was another $38 hyper-turbo and was successful this time Smile  

I didn’t get anything playable for a couple of rounds, which turned out good in some ways as there was someone all-in pretty much every hand.  We were down to 4 players by the time I shoved, but managed to double up.   Held tight again and got another double up, then finally shoved into the short stack with KQ when down to three players and he called with JT and I took him out.  In this format, the top 2 get a seat, so job done for a total of $76.  Not a huge saving on the $109 entry, but still felt good to win the seat…

I’m no longer going to try for Event #19 (same day as Event #18) and am now on holiday for the second week, so am only left with Event 38 $320 8-game to try and satellite into.   

Can’t wait for the start of the games themselves now….

No comments: