Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Poker: Investing in Poker Tracker 3

Having had some good hints from using the trial version of the software, I decided to invest the $90 to get the full version of Poker Tracker 3

pt-logo

The software basically keeps track of all the hands you play and allows you to :

  • Review your performance and the performance of your foes by interrogating the database of hands played
  • more importantly (in my view)… gives you a real time Heads Up Display (HUD) of all kinds of interesting statistics whilst playing

You still need to pay attention to your opponents and put them on hands as normal, but you can see statistics like how many times they enter a pot voluntarily, how many times they raise pre-flop, do they check/raise, and masses of other data.   Once used to the output and verified some of the meanings behind the stats, I have used this information to help decide how to play against my opponents

One of the most interesting things I have noticed is that I seem to enter a lot of pots and my “aggression factor” always seems to be amongst the highest on the table !!    Never really thought of myself as being an aggressive player :-)

If you play the sites that are supported by the software, then you get a 60 day free trial, which allows you to do pretty much everything the full version does…. so in my view, it’s worth a go if you are playing regularly online as you can see if you get on with it and it actually helps your game

No comments: