Thursday, January 29, 2009

Poker: January is a miserable month !

The first week of January was good for me in the Poker world.  I was a few bucks up online and cashed in the Monthly live tournament… but them it all went horribly wrong :-)

I was playing almost exclusively $30 and $20 STT tournaments, but just couldn’t seem to cash in on any of them… actually tell a lie, I did come 3rd in one… but not enough to make a difference.   When my Pokerstars funds exhausted 14th Jan, I decided to go back to Ladbrokes for a while.   

It took me a few games to get back into the UI and how to find the right games, but am finding that there are very few players in the games I want to play…. all seems to be $5 turbo games or those double or nothing STT.  

I have ended up playing the odd cash game (which is not my favorite) or the MTT tournaments of various buy in levels (which are good, but take 2 or 3 hours normally).    Actually my MTT performance has been pretty OK, coming 11th of 55 players (top 10 paid!!), 10th of 113 (for a $7 profit after nearly 3 hours play) and 25th of 175 (only the top 20 paid out which was a little disappointing)

Despite losing $100 on Poker, I have managed to maintain my funds by getting lucky at Blackjack and Roulette (I have won around $110 !)  however not only is this not sustainable, but it isn’t the way I want to maintain my bankroll either !

The most annoying thing for me on Ladbrokes is the game selection (or lack of it) so will probably keep enough in to enter a few of the MTT but either go back to PokerStars or PartyPoker where the game selection is much better and can also get back to using  PokerTracker, which doesn’t work at Ladbrokes !!

No comments: