Thursday, January 29, 2009

General: New fitness regime

Now we have got our Home Gym sorted out, Christmas is over and I’m back to the normal regime… thought it was time to review how I’m getting on with it….

I haven’t recorded the heart rates like I did on my previous Gym Update last year, but my current workload looks like this…

Monday (Running)
Run at 6.5mph for 25 minutes, then 12mph for 5 mins, plus 5 minutes cool down.

Tuesday (Rowing)
25 minutes at around 27 spm (there is no resistance adjustment and I am convinced it is harder than the hardest setting on the Concept 2 rower in the David Lloyd gym !) plus 3 minutes cool down.   Cover 3.45 miles

Wednesday (Cycling)
Pedal at around 13mph at level 9 resistance for 10 minutes, then 10 minutes at 14mph at level 10 and finally 10 minutes at 15mph at level 11.  Then do 5 minutes cool down. Cover 7.3 miles

Thursday (Cross Trainer and Weights)
6 minutes at level 2 plus 3 minutes backward peddling (or whatever it is you do on a Cross Trainer!)  Then 9 mins at level 4 plus 3 minutes backwards.   21 minutes in total, covering 1.8 miles

Then do one cycle of weights

15 x 2 reps of Chest Fly (1 weight)
15 x 2 Chest Press (1)
15 x 2 Leg Extension (1)
15 x 2 Lat Pull Down (4)
15 x 2 Ab Crunch (4)

Friday (Swimming or Weights)
As my David Lloyd membership doesn’t run out until end February, I am currently going Swimming on a Friday.  Once membership runs out, I will be doing 2 x cycles of the Weights (described above)

The above is derived from my old gym workout schedule, so the running, rowing and cycling is pretty much what I was doing before anyway… but obviously with differences now on the Cross Trainer and weights.   I am hoping to get the rowing back up to 30 minutes and increase the weights a little bit as I get used to them, but otherwise am expecting the above to be my long term regime

Just got to cut down my fat and sugar intake now :-)

No comments: