Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Poker: SCOOP here I come !

Wow, I don’t believe it !   As mentioned in my previous post, I was trying to satellite my way in to the HORSE event.   At my second attempt in the satellite qualifying (using my Frequent Player Points (FPP) as the entry fee) I managed to win a seat in the $109 HORSE event in SCOOP (Event #7)  There were 32 entrants giving 3 seats as prizes   It only took 2.5 hours as well…. I am so excited :-)    

My actual play in the game was a bit up and down… well, mainly down and down to begin with… after the first hour I was just under my starting stack and way below average.  I “peaked” at 19th place by the time we were down to 23 players, but after having a beer and concentrating more… either my play improved or I got better cards !     On one of the hold’em rounds I got some really good cards and doubled up, but then decided to fold pocket 8’s when there was a raised and re-raise behind me… only to see an A-J-8 flop and another 8 on the turn !  Oh well, it didn't matter in the end.

At the moment there are 216 players entered into the event on April 5th, but its got a guaranteed prize fund of $250’000 anyways, so should be a nice one to win !

Phew…. I am going to have a well deserved rest now… and maybe another beer!!

No comments: