Thursday, March 26, 2009

Poker: Another minor victory

My Poker gods must be in a hot phase right now ! 

Although not “free” like my previous victory to satellite into the SCOOP HORSE event, I played in a $4 rebuy event for a seat in the $44 buy-in 8 game event  (SCOOP Event #15)    For a total cost to me of $12.40 (including rake fee) I managed to finish in the top 4 of 24 players to win a seat, so will be playing this event on April 9th!! 

Not free, but definitely a bargain… and didn’t take very long to complete the satellite game either.    I played pretty solidly and was pretty much in the top 10% all the way, so was a relatively easy “cruise” for me into a winning position.

The event itself as 199 players registered so far, but only a $25’000 prize fund guarantee , but I am still looking forward to playing in it :-)

That’s it for me on the SCOOP excitement for now, until the tournaments themselves start that is….. as the only other event I will be playing is the $22 NL Hold’em and I can’t be bothered to play a satellite for that one !

Just need to get into training for the event now… so will have to practice by spending hours playing poker long into the night :-)

No comments: