Sunday, December 18, 2011

Poker: Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure–the conclusion

pca

The final 4 rounds of the PCA are running one after the other tonight, so whatever happens will know the outcome of my attempt to qualify for free soon Smile

As with the previous rounds, this is a turbo format – with 5 minute rounds and 1000 chips – so will definitely be getting lucky or knocked out pretty quickly….

Of course each round sends through less and less of a percentage of the players, making it trickier and trickier to get anywhere.

Round 5 is sending through 1 in 3 players to the next round.   736 players started out, so just need to survive to finish in the top 245….

Had a couple of decent hands early on but flops weren’t good enough to continue.   Ended up in level 3 finding A-Th in late position and a serial limper calling before me, so shoved and he called with Q-7d   The two diamonds on the flop gave me a sense of foreboding, but the black A on the turn gave me hope, only to see my optimism smashed by the 7d river and I’m out in  668th place

Oh well, better than getting through to round 8 and getting knocked out Smile

If was worth a pop as it was a freeroll and was surprised to get as far as I did in many ways, so although I’m not going to the Caribbean to play Poker, had some fun.

No comments: