Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Poker: EPT Barcelona - 2nd try

After the first try to qualify for EPT Barcelona, I couldn't wait to try again ... so had another go tonight.

This time there were 18 players for the off.    After a reasonable start, I had got up to 1860 chips and 4th from 17 players by the 2nd level.   I then had a key hand, whereby with A-A I got it all in against two other players, who had Q-Q and J-J would you believe !   Of course a Q came on the flop, but luckily that player had been short stacked and I actually won more chips than he did from the 2nd pot    Even so, by the end of L2 I was in 3rd with 2350 chips (avg=2454)

L3 saw me get a good win and got to 2nd with 4755 chips by the end of this level

L4 was same solid play and we got to the top 9 players    As before, only 1st place gives entry to the next level, but top 9 get their stake back.... so will definitely be able to have another go !     Funnily enough, the 6th place finisher hadn't been at the table all game so you don't even need to turn up to win back your stake !

The end of L4 sees me with 7630 chips and 2nd place from the last 5 runners   Chip leader is 7700 so very close at this stage

The next level sees two more players quickly go, and one player is down to around 3000 chips..... but the key hand saw me with Q-J in the BB... the chip leader min-raised (as normal) so I called.  The flop of Q-J-2 was good for me, so raised the flop and bet the 4 on the turn.   The 5 came to give possible flush and was re-raised when I bet out, but folding now left me with only 2000 chips, so called anyway....  unfortunately this is not even a bad beat story as he had A-Q so was always behind !!    Ended up with 3rd place, so getting closer.

Oh well, try again next week I guess........

No comments: