Friday, August 28, 2009

Poker: the EPT dream is dead….. and a new one starts :-)

I was trying to qualify for EPT  Barcelona as described before, but what with everything else going on, I didn’t notice the date for the last qualifiers and missed the opportunity to try again !!

Looking at the EPT London schedule, unfortunately the date for this event is exactly when I am likely to be moving house, so dare not try to qualify for it as I may face the prospect of not being able to play in the final if I get through the two prior satellites !

So that's it then ? …… well yes for the EPT but luckily there is always something going on in the online poker world and as it happens, the Pokerstars WCOOP is starting on September 3rd :-)

I have spun up a starting bankroll of $55 (which I got as a dividend from some shares I own) to $130 from playing Blackjack on UB (tournaments and cash games),  so have got enough to go straight into Event 6 which is the $1 Million Guaranteed No Limit Hold’em event.   Even the timing works well for me as it kicks off at 17:45 on Saturday 5th September, and the wife has agreed to me spending the evening playing poker :-) 

All the stars are aligned and the omens are good, so maybe I will get lucky ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I may just have to try and join you on that one :)