Saturday, March 27, 2010

General: The Hogget Pub/Restaurant

Following on from our trip out for Saturday lunch last week, we went to The Hogget pub this week.

The%20Hogget%20Image%20JPG

The ambiance  was very nice and were immediately welcomed in by the staff.    There was a slightly dodgy start when the waitress got our drinks order a bit wrong then didn’t know what came with the Burger I was considering to order.   After that thought things improved considerably, as the food and service were both excellent.   I did go for the Burger and chips in the end, Lynn having the Chicken Caesar Salad   Both portions were good sized and bloated us out, but I still managed to find room to squeeze in a small Sticky Toffee pudding with Ice Cream.

The pricing was fair enough, although the £5 for a pudding seemed a bit excessive to me (didn’t worry me enough to stop me eating one though :-) )

Again an excellent pub to go to eat, and with a more careful selection from the menu doesn’t have to necessarily be an expensive lunch out either    The dinner menu also looks very nice and certainly will try it out again in future

No comments: