Saturday, March 13, 2010

Poker: Black Belt Poker – the final reckoning

bbp_top_logo_new

OK so I’ve done my summary in the Black Belt Poker (BBP) blog but how did I actually fare in pounds and pence  ?  

finalChartEdit

The simple answer is not great :-)  

The 6 weeks of grading cost me around £800 and added to the pre-grading selection week cost of £250, it has been quite an expensive education.   Having said that, I was always handicapped by not being a cash player and not having done any significant multi-tabling before entering this process so in reality it was never going to be pretty…..

I don’t regret taking this challenge and firmly believe my poker game has significantly improved and definitely think about the game at a higher level than before.  The odd tournament I have played over the last six weeks has generally ended with me cashing so can see myself recouping the cost by better play.  I also get benefits from achieving the Green belt status with BBP

green_belt_icon

My Green Belt becomes effective in April so will keep you up to date on what I’m up to, however will be having a few days well deserved break from Poker over this weekend, then back to a more normal schedule of playing time from next week !

No comments: