Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Poker: BBP League V : Leg 1 of 7

bbp_league

Whey hey here we go again, its time for the BBP League V at last !

There's a good crowd starting off, being 78 runners. Of course it wouldn't be the same without a fellow grader on my table so "happy" to see Jamie Burland three seats to my right.

I get one of those silly starts I sometimes do.... despite wanting to play tight/solid, I find myself calling K-Jo from late and folding on a low flop, calling raise with A-To and folding flop, calling raise with J-Ts and calling pot sized bet on flop with flush draw (then folding to rover bet when I miss) then raising with T-9s from early and calling a re-raise (then check/folding flop) All this stupidity left me with about half my stack and only played 10 minutes !

Once I got myself in the right mind set... I settled down for a long hard slog..... 5 minutes later I get K-K so raise and get one caller behind. Safe looking flop of 9-4-2 so bet half pot and get called. Q turn so put in most of my remaining stack and get re-raised all-in which I duly call. Great he's got 4-4 so I'm out in 75th place after 15 minutes of play and on the 13th hand of the tournament !!

It was fun whilst it lasted but not quite the great start to my Poker League title challenge I had envisaged :-) 

The details of the league tables, etc are available from the new Poker League Group Page

Oh well, at least I have another 6 goes to try and make an impact…..

No comments: