Monday, May 31, 2010

Poker : May summary

So how did my game selection decision earlier in the month help my game ? 

Playing Pokerstars, I managed to play 24 Single table Tournaments (STT) games since 23rd May, playing mostly “8 game” low stakes and cashed in 9 of them after playing a total of 15 hours.     I did make an overall loss of  $8.95 but am actually quite happy about my playing at the moment.  I lost a total of $16.40 playing HORSE, so need to work on that format some more to improve my results (or just play 8 game all the time) !

For BBP, I played a total of 60 STT and 15 MTT games over 54 hours, cashing in 26 times and made a profit of £219.   Of course my £75 loss on my cash games in May dragged me down a bit, but still very happy with my months results.    Interestingly, only £12 profit came from MTT, which came from one cash out of the 15 games, so shows how tricky it is to make a living from playing MTT all the time !     For my STT, I cashed in half my 6 seat games (12 wins and 4 second places) and a third of my 10 seat games (won 7 and got 2 third places)

So May was a successful month (in the end) and am glad I decided to avoid the Cash tables ! 

My lifetime sharkscope results for BBP STT is not 100% accurate, but seems to be roughly correct:

bbp_SNG_May2010

Looking ahead to June, I hope to be able to consistently replicate my form from May, so will continue to play $10 STT Hold’em with BBP and $3 or $6 8 game/HORSE with Pokerstars.     I will also get the opportunity to play a couple of sponsored MTT with BBP and hope to improve my results there as well.

1 comment:

JoshyT said...

looks like an impressive month! may wasn't such a good month for me - went on holiday for a bit and never got into my stride. will take a leaf from your book and choose my games more carefully in may