Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Poker: Third sponsored tournament

bbp_top_logo_new

Following on from last weeks Mini ECOOP VI #3 efforts, I decided to take another shot at the Mini ECOOP as a sponsored BBP player.  This time it's the Mini ECOOP VI Main Event, being No Limit Hold' em freeze out with $300'000 Guaranteed prize pool and $75+7.50 buy in

Starting at a slightly odd time of 6pm on Sunday it's great value as it starts with 2’073 players, has 5000 starting stack, 20 minute blind levels and top 200 get paid.

Started out playing the first few hands cheaply with 5-4s, 7-7 and a slightly dodgy J-3 from the SB and Q-9s from button, but then sat back and waited for a decent hand.... and waited....  got A-9o on SB and table chip leader raised (Stats were 48/38/43) Decided to re-raise but he called.   He bet out T-5-3 flop and called my re-raise.... both checked the A, then 3 river came.  I was sure he had an A but what kicker, so check/called to see his A-To   Right idea, but wrong time :-)

Naturally I fold my A-7o a couple of hands later and am sick to see 7-5-3 flop checked round, then 7 turn with some action and 7 river just to top it off !

At the end of level 1 I am not particularly happy with my performance so far, but am currently still in good shape, having 3490 chips against 5105 average, and 1944th place out of 2030 remaining players:-

L1 : 3490/5105   1944/2030

At last get first decent hand of the game so far being Q-Q but am UTG   Decided to limp and am happy to see loose/aggro mid player raise but not so happy with late position caller so have to re-raise and take the pot uncontested.

L2: 3310/5224   1848/1948

My nemesis seems to be the loose aggro table chip lead.  Decide to raise A-9o from late and get called by nemesis who's in the BB.   Flop comes 9-8-6 hearts and I have Ah so bet pot on his check which he calls.   He check/calls the 5 turn, then checks the 8 river which I check behind.  His 7-2o takes the pot :-(

Just before end of L3, decide to raise A-3s and just get called by my nemesis in SB   He checked A-9-8 flop so bet pot and get called, he checks J turn and called pot bet... then pushes all-in on 5 river  I am committed now so call for my last 1200 and he naturally has Q-To so hit his gutshot on the turn !

Ended up very disappointed 1’858th place.  

I don't think I really played all that well in truth.   The moves I was making were probably too early on, ill timed and not followed through properly.   I was rightly folded some dodgy hands, but then would've hit big time which is a bit frustrating but part of the game, but I probably let it get to me...  The one decent hand I got was played over-anxiously..... and my nemesis seemed to be the luckiest fish around (not just against me either)   All in all a poor showing by my standards and slightly embarrassing, considering I was being funded by BBP !   Must do better next time... luckily the ECOOP itself kicks off next week, so plenty of opportunities to redeem myself.

No comments: