Monday, May 03, 2010

Poker: my Poker year so far

Has a third of a year already gone !by, wow how did that happen ? -

Poker wise, my year has been all about Black Belt Poker and the grading process so just a brief overview of where I’m at.

January was down around £600 due to the Grading Selection week, Feb was down about £300 and March down £400 due to the Grading process itself… so only being down £12 for April is actually a big bonus for me :-)

I haven’t been able to play so much in April as normal, as Lynn has been in an out of hospital the last few weeks, but still managed 26 hours of play.  It was a relief to get back to my natural habitat of Single Table Tournaments (STT) where I actually made £50 in April, but still dropped £62 in cash games (£50 Hold’em, £11 on Omaha Hi-Low and £1 on 7 card stud)   I tend to play cash games when I don’t know I’ll have an uninterrupted hour needed to play the tourneys, as have been on standby, looking after Lynn…. so will probably keep playing cash games a bit during May, but hopefully will be able to get back to my STT and the occasional big MTT shot

Unless I get a big result in a MTT, this will likely be my biggest year’s loss since I started playing, but is also likely to be my most memorable Poker year and the year where I learned most as well :-)

As far as Live play goes, it will be tricky just getting to my monthly Camberley League games (CamberleyBoyz), so not likely to see much Live play this year… just have to keep my fingers crossed on that one… especially as I am still the league leader :-)

No comments: