Monday, June 26, 2006

Gambling: Backgammon

Relatively recently started playing Backgammon on the internet for Real Money, so will start to talk about it in my blog

I have always enjoyed a nice game of Backgammon, but never really understood the point of the doubling cube, so one day decided to read up on it. To my surprise it opened up a whole new world of gambling to me :-)

Of course Backgammon has been around for a heck of a long time as a game, (and doubtless people have always put some wager on the outcome) but I just never fully realised how important the doubling cube is, nor how widespread the tournaments and games are face to face and now on the internet.

I had a browse around and liked the look of http://www.gammonempire.com/ so signed up and started playing.

My first 50.00 lasted quite a while but of course drained away eventually. I just loaded another 20.00 so will post in the future about how I get on and what I think I am doing wrong (or right !)
They have an interesting ranking system, in that all players start at 1400 and win/lose one point for each game you win/lose. My current ranking is around 1300, so probably need to improve a little :-)

No comments: