Sunday, June 11, 2006

World Cup: England v's Paraguay

I had to mention it :-)

With all the pre-match hype and hysteria, I was keen to actually see the match. Having just made it home to watch the start of the match, I was more than happy to see the early goal and Englands performance generally in the first half.

It turned into the typical awkward England performance I remember watching in previous world cups..... the second half England played terrible and could easily have lost the match. Fortunately England hung on by their fingertips to take the three points and even got a boost to our chances of qualifying by Sweden and Trinidad drawing their match.

Watching England play is certainly a roller coaster ride and I guess you could say it is more exciting to have your team battle to retain their lead than to just bang in goal after goal against some hopeless opposition (see my posts about F1 as to how watcheable this would be :-) )

In the end, a mediocre England performance against a lesser team so am looking forward to seeing their play improve in the next match (here's hoping anyway)

No comments: