Monday, June 28, 2010

Music: Marina & the diamonds album

I haven’t bought any music for a while, so took the opportunity of receiving a HMV gift voucher to take a serious look around and buy something.

marina_packshot_myspace

In the end I spotted the Marina & the diamonds (myspace) album “The family Jewels” for a bargain price.   I had seen and heard a couple of Marina tracks before and quite liked them, so took a chance.  

The most recent time I’d seen her was the Isle Of Wight gig, covered by ITV 2   The coverage itself was very poor, but the tracks they showed were at least pretty good generally.   Marina herself put in a reasonable performance so thought I’d buy her album :-)

I’ve only heard it through once so far, but was a little disappointed that all the tracks seem to sound very similar vocally as she uses the same tone/tricks on every track (so it seems) but there is certainly nothing wrong with the album overall and hopefully it will be a “grower” as I get more into the lyrics, etc…

Certainly don’t regret buying the album and if you like her “famous” songs (“I am not a robot” and Hollywood”) then you should also like the album as well.

No comments: