Friday, June 04, 2010

Poker: Home Tournament – June 2010

I was feeling relaxed and confident this month and especially looking forward to the No Limit 2nd Chance format.

It was a surprise and pleasure that Martin turned up for the first time in about a year and he was also the kind enough to be first one out to save anyone else from that embarrassment :-)

My table was quite loose/passive (despite Bill being on my table!)   My game was quite low key to begin with.  I got involved in a couple of pots that I took down on the flop, then got ATo in against Bill’s 4-4 but spiked an A on the turn.   At the break I was exactly on average chips, being 6’000

Went a bit downhill after that… had a couple of stabs at the pot but missed the flop and had to fold.   Then got into a pot with Bill (I think) where he called with something like Q-9 against my A-T and hit 9-9-7 flop.  This left me with 3 big blinds and with time running out I shoved Q-8s and got called by Steve W with A-Q and was second man out !

Actually it wasn’t long before Simon and Lee were also out so we got a cash game going !  (soon followed by Bill and Roger)    The rest carried on playing and although I wasn’t paying much attention, it did seem to be quite a tense affair with 4 players left for the last three hands.  Andy managed to get knocked out in 4th again on the second last hand and the remaining three players were all within a couple of thousand of each other for the final hand.   Jock was small chip lead but dipped out the final hand and ended up being relegated to a respectable 2nd when Steve W had to play his 5-2 against Darren’s A-Q  The Q on the flop gave Darren his first cash of the year

Well done to all, look forward to seeing most next time

No comments: