Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Poker: ECOOP VI $300+20 tournament

bbp_top_logo_new

Tonight I'm playing the ECOOP VI () #10 $250'000 Guaranteed No Limit Hold' em Freezeout tournament on behalf of BBP.  It has 6 player tables, 3000 starting chips and 20 minute levels.

We are starting with only 640 players, so down on the 833 needed to make up the guaranteed prize pool (paid out to the top 80 finishers)... so plenty to play for then !!

Had player to my left who was always aggro when I raised BvB  If I raised he re-raised, if I 3 bet, he 4 bet all-in....  luckily was able to restrain myself but dropped about a third of my stack.  Managed to recoup some of my losses with Q-Q against one of the other players though!

Quite relieved to see more than 20 hands and get to the end of the level for a change ....

L1 : 536 place / out of 617 remaining   2390 chips / 3111 average
L2 : 485/552   1803/3478

Raise from early fairly loose player, re-raise with 9-9 and get 4 bet all-in.  I am pretty sure his range is AJ+ or 66+ so decide to go with the call.  Sure enough he has A-Ko but the K comes on the flop.   To add insult to injury an A comes on the turn also giving him a flush draw which he doesn't need as I miss my 2 remaining outs on the river and am out in 541st place

Damn, didn't even get to the first break and go out on a coin flip with 9's (again!)

I’ll have the opportunity to play another couple of big tournaments as a sponsored player, but really need to get my act together to go deep !

No comments: