Monday, June 14, 2010

General: Mid Year fitness update

It’s been a tough 6 months since my last fitness update but think I have managed to keep up my fitness levels pretty well.

Monday (Running)
Run at 6.5mph for 25 minutes, then 8mph for 5 mins, plus 5 minutes cool down.

Heart rate peak at 169 bpm and average 144 which is pretty much exactly the same as always

Tuesday (Rowing)
My target is 30 minutes at 30 spm plus 2 minutes cool down.   Cover 4.5 miles

Heart rate peak at 159 bpm and average 151

Slightly up since last time, but this is likely due to the increased target 

Wednesday (Cross Trainer and Weights)
6 minutes at level 2 plus 3 minutes backward peddling (or whatever it is you do on a Cross Trainer!)  Then 9 mins at level 4 plus 3 minutes backwards.   21 minutes in total, covering 1.8 miles

Heart rate peak at 159 bpm and average 143

This is better than last time, probably due to my having got used to this machine at last !

Then do one cycle of weights

15 x 2 reps of Chest Fly (2 weights)
15 x 2 Chest Press (3)
15 x 2 Lat Pull Down (5)

Heart rate peak at 138 bpm and average 113

This varies though, depending on how quickly I do the reps and how much rest I have in-between

Thursday (Cycling)
Pedal at around 14mph at level 11 resistance for 20 minutes, then 10 minutes at 16mph at level 13.   Then do 5 minutes cool down. Cover 7.5 miles

Heart rate peak at 156 bpm and average 141

Slightly better than last time, but nothing significant really

Friday (Running and Weights)
Same running as Monday, then the same weights as Wednesday

Unsurprising that my heart rate is the same as Monday and Wednesday respectively

My weight seems steady at 73kg (11st 6oz) so am a lean mean fitness machine :-)

Overall I am happy with my fitness however am starting to suffer a little from my left knee again (when running) and had to see the Physio last week about my left shoulder who has told me to lay off the rowing and weights for the next 5-6 weeks !     Lets hope my poor old body can stand the pummelling it’s getting !

No comments: