Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Poker : Black Belt Poker – Grading Week:Day 1

Grading Selection Week has started and I completed my first days session yesterday

I am playing No Limit hold’em Cash 4 tables simultaneously with blind levels at $0.25 / $0.50

I have played similar cash sessions recently as a test (although only for a hour or so) so was confident I would be able to play 4 tables reasonably well.  As it turned out  I was able to focus and play solid/tight poker for just over 4 hours fairly comfortably.   The only issue was that when I went to bed my head was spinning, so had a disturbed sleep…. I think tonight I will need to perhaps do some running or something after the session to relax !

My main concern was that I’d dump my bankroll in the first couple of days, so decided to buy in for $15 at a time.  Although this is relatively short stacked (only 30 big blinds) it does make pre-flop and post flop decisions easier and protects a bit against big swings.

As it turned out, I played just over my target of 16 table hours (4 hours elapsed time) so am on target time wise, but also made a profit of $39 (just over 4 BB per hour) so am pretty pleased with my performance overall

Whilst I cannot assume I am home and dry, it was a good start so fingers crossed for tonight's session !

No comments: