Saturday, January 23, 2010

Poker:Black Belt Poker-Grading Week:day 6

Didn’t think I’d get any time to play this weekend, but as mentioned in yesterdays update, I managed to slip in a couple of hours session. 

As I’ve done the minimum hours, the main objective is to make a profit… so is very disappointed to have another loss of just over $90 !

Actually, on three of my four tables I made only a $1 loss…. which could have been a healthy profit but for some bad play/luck with pocket 7’s (I got them all in pre-flop against K-Q on one occasion, and on another occasion made some silly calls to try and hit my straight flush on 8-7-6 club flop!)

The fourth table was another story, dropping $90 pretty much all with 6 hands…. 3 x AK, KK, QQ and a  JJ.    I dropped $40 when my A-K was re-raised and saw A-7-4 flop (2 heart) so I check raised and got re-raised all-in   It seemed I was behind but had only $10 left to call into a $70 pot so was committed.  Another $20 went when I check raised and got all-in with my K-K on a T-7-6 flop and the villain called with T-9 but hit another T    My Q-Q got done by 9-9 when the flop came 9xx, and my J-J got done by T-T when a T came on the turn…..  so all in all had an unlucky session really….. still did have some good luck as well, so you just gotta do the best with what you got and hope to get your money in the middle when your favourite

I *might* get time for another session in tomorrow, but not entirely convinced I want to with my current form !

Whatever happens I will write up a summary of my sessions in the next day or two (but won’t make pretty reading)

No comments: