Thursday, January 28, 2010

Poker:Black Belt Poker – Grading week…. and the winners are…….

bbp_top_logo_new

After my grading week, I have definitely achieved the Purple belt level at Black Belt Poker (which was my main objective and all I really expected to achieve)

purple_belt_icon

The results of the graders has now been released.  To my surprise and delight, I have been ACCEPTED into the full 6-week grading process !   (Article at : http://www.blackbeltpoker.com/articles/read/Grading-II-Dublin-Two-O-Announced)

What’s more, there are now only 20 people involved in the grading, albeit with only 3 Blue Belts (and Irish Open entries) now being offered to the best performers.   (anyone else completing the 20 hours per week gets Green Belt status)  

I can only think that either I really did have a lot of bad luck during my week or there were not that many people who made the 80 hours minimum :-)     Still, I am pleased (and slightly scared) to be through to the full grading.  It will be a lot of hard work to get the hours in, but have cleared it with the wife to have late evenings playing poker…. so now my only concern is the hammering my Poker Bankroll took as I am at a low ebb at the moment.  

The full grading starts on Monday so will keep you all posted to significant events over the next six weeks

No comments: