Sunday, January 24, 2010

Poker:Black Belt Poker-Grading week: Day 7

Despite my misgivings after my Day 6 performance, I managed to squeeze in a final session on the last day of the Grading week.

I suppose the first hand should have been taken as a warning to give up, as I put in a force bet and got dealt Q-Ts but got raised from the button.  As I was getting 2.5:1 pot odds and didn’t want to seem weak on the first hand I called and was incredibly happy to see QQ6 flop come (2 hearts)  I check raised (for most of my stack) and got called and although wasn’t happy to see the 3 of hearts on the turn, I didn’t believe the villain would have called a re-raise with the flush draw and only had $7 left (with $27 in the pot) so stuck it all in.   He called with AA but had the A hearts, so of course the 4th heart came on the river and lost when 75% certain to win !   Another huge loss came when I limped Q4 from the SB and got Q-7-4 flop.  I bet pot and got called, bet pot again on the turn and got called, then stuck it in when a 9 came on the river and of course the villain called with his pocket 9’s.   In fairness I was a little over aggressive on the river, but I was 95% certain to win before the river :-)

So that’s it for me, just a case of tidying up my thoughts and submitting my hand histories for consideration and then licking my wounds before starting to built up my bankroll again!

No comments: