Thursday, January 21, 2010

Poker:Black Belt Poker–Grading week:Day 3

Having had a good couple of days, particularly day2, I started the session by deciding to play 6 tables at a time rather than 4

This was very busy and often found several tables needing my attention and definitely not playing well enough… I knew I was down, but after an hour I was nearly $70 down, so dropped back down to 4 tables !    At least I know how many tables I can sensibly play at once now !!

Unfortunately the rest of the session was also a bit of a nightmare, ending up dropping another $100 so ended up being down at total of $165.    

Still, it had to happen I suppose, at least it didn’t happen the first day (which I half expected) as that would have been very discouraging !

For the week to date, I am actually “only” $54 down, so just need to have a good day tomorrow to get back to even…. !!

I don’t think I am playing badly as such…. it is just two or three key hands per table in each session, where either make a mistake or get drawn out on, so end up loosing big money on those few hands.     I do get some good luck and win big hands as well, but obviously not so many today as  I needed :-)

At least I am on target to complete the hours required for the week (and still have the weekend free if needed) so expect to get the Purple Belt status by completing the hours at least….

After the session I couldn’t be bothered to do any running, so had a couple of beers instead.  That seemed to do the trick as I slept like a log :-)  

No comments: